For all the new eyes and ears, here’s the 101 on Victory Sports!
Buffalo, NY – June 8th
We’re delighted to have reached hundreds of new people over the last few months. Through the steady reopening and return to community work, our semi-regular weekend equipment sales during March and April, the opening of our Equipment Outlet this month, and most recently a short feature on WGR 550 (perhaps the reason you are here!), we know there’s lots of you out there that have recently come across Victory Sports for the first time. With your support, we’re incredibly motivated to continue impacting thousands of children across WNY using the power of sports and recreation.
For anyone new to Victory Sports, or for those needing a refresher, here’s who we are, what we do, and how you can help.
Victory Sports is 501c3 non-profit on mission to help under-resourced schools, teams, youth programs and families obtain the sports equipment they need so ALL children have the opportunity to play. Head to our Mission, Story & Impact page.
We collect new and gently-used sports equipment through individual and corporate drives along with several donation boxes located across greater Buffalo. Here’s where you can donate equipment.
Along with donating sports equipment to groups, organizations and schools, we also run community-focused campaigns to target individual kids or tackle community challenges. This summer that includes:
Our network of equipment distribution bins – Ball-Bins – located across Erie and Niagara counties. Thousands of footballs, basketballs, soccer balls and more, free for kids to take from bins located in parks and community centers from now thru October. Find out more here.
Bridge The Gap Sports, a program designed to improve relations between law enforcement and youth in the communities they serve using the power of sports. Learn more about our roll out in Niagara County this summer.
In June 2021, we opened the Victory Sports Equipment Outlet at our new home, the Eastern Hills Mall in Williamsville. We sell some of our excess inventory at great prices to help families save money on sports equipment. Open Wednesdays 3-6 and Fridays 11-2. Find out more here.
How you can help us:
- Spread the word – Help us reach new people by engaging with us on Facebook and Instagram and telling your friends and family! You can join our mailing list here.
- Donate equipment – If you have any gear that is in usable condition that you are willing to donate, please bring it to one of our drop-off locations.
- Donate funds – As a 501(c)3 non-profit, all donations are fully tax-deductible and contribute greatly to us continuing our mission to make sure no child misses out on the benefits of playing sports. Become a monthly or one-time donor here.
- Shop at our Equipment Outlet – We have a great selection of gear from just about all sports you can think of, and we guarantee you’ll be saving money!
- Become a Corporate Partner – We have lots of sponsorship and partnership options for local businesses that want to give something back to the community, such as adopting one of our Ball-Bins or sponsoring our Bridge The Gap Sports program. We can work with you to make it a successful marketing venture too! Get in touch to discuss.
- Volunteer – We regularly need help at our warehouse as well as with restocking our network of Ball-Bins each week. Get in touch to learn more. Edmond@victorysports.org
Thanks for reading! We can’t wait to connect with you soon.