Four new members join the team
Buffalo, NY – March 3rd
Last month we thanked Joel French and Tim Fancher for their contributions to our Board in the last couple of years and wished them well. We worked quickly to replace them and added an additional two new members, identifying certain backgrounds and expertise we felt added value. We’re delighted to have brought onboard four wonderful individuals and look forward to working with them. We are currently undergoing a strategic planning and board development process so these new members come in at a great time.
- Ezra Scott Jr
- Founder & coordinator of Niagara Falls Peacemakers
- Partnered with Victory Sports to distribute our Play Packs in Niagara Falls in November 2020 and helped place our Ball-Bins at four Niagara Falls locations last year
- 2013 NYS Open Class Golden Gloves boxing champion
- City Councilman of Niagara Falls 2015-2019
- Passionate about improving Niagara Falls, NY and surrounding WNY communities
- Shy Spencer
- Originally from Yonkers, NY
- BA in Criminal Justice and Minor in Leadership – Buffalo State
- Basketball player since age 5 and played for Buffalo State
- Police officer with Buffalo Police Department Neighborhood Engagement Team (NET)
- Through her NET position, Shy worked with Victory Sports on our ‘Bridge The Gap Sports‘ program to improve police-community relations through sports.
- Brian Floss
- Married with two boys – both into sports
- 20 years in the healthcare business – currently with Accredo
- Ran a YMCA Cops & Kids program in Boston, MA
- Youth sports coach and parent
- Brian is passionate about seeing youth participate in sports, build confidence in themselves and develop health social relationships.
- Darrell Glover
- Buffalo/Lackawanna native
- Created Lackawanna Sports Club to provide affordable sports programs to kids in the area, primarily age 4-12 and some adult programs started last year
- Long-term partner of Victory Sports
- Played for Vipers Arena Football Team, Texas
- Associate degree – Computer Science
All four are well known to Victory Sports, either through community partnerships or personal connections, and we’re excited to welcome them onto the team.
We are always on the lookout for high quality new people on our Board of Directors so if you or anyone you know would be interested in finding out more, please contact Doug on 716-523-4210 or firstname.lastname@example.org