Welcome to the very first Victory Sports monthly newsletter. We hope you enjoy reading it and if you have any comments or suggestions, please do get in touch!
I’d like to thank all of you who have donated so far this year, and our monthly financial donors. You are all the lifeblood of our organization and without your support, we couldn’t reach as many kids across WNY as we have done since I set up Victory Sports in August 2017 – yes, almost THREE years ago!
2020 has been unprecedented to say the least. We started the year full of plans but it quickly turned into a case of pivoting and adjusting to the Covid-19 pandemic. Youth sport in WNY is still heavily restricted and uncertainty remains over the start of the academic year in the fall and with it, school sports. The summer ahead will look like no other this country has experienced. So many kids will continue to be impacted by the pandemic as we navigate the ‘new normal’, not to mention the reality of the virus spiking again in NY. Families, schools and community organizations don’t have the cash to provide sports equipment and programming for kids so the need for Victory Sports’ services is surging.
Some updates from our year so far:
- We’ve helped almost 500 kids with #ProjectJumpRope
- We’re giving away 1500 balls via our Ball-Bin campaign
- We’ve delivered 7500+ Project Play WNY Free-Play card decks
- We hired Edmond Wood as Development & Marketing Director in March. Originally from the UK, Edmond moved to Buffalo in April 2019. Hopefully you’ll have a chance to meet him soon!
- A new Buffalo warehouse/office and a new van made possible by RCWJF.
- We donated equipment to Algonquin Sports for their online sports programming along with many other organizations.
- Via FeedMore WNY and Buffalo Dream Center we’ve distributed hot meals and food boxes across WNY.
Scroll down for more details on some of our projects or head to our website. Once again, I want to thank you for reading our first newsletter and for supporting Victory Sports. Have a great summer, don’t be a stranger, and we’ll be be back with more updates in August!
Founder & Executive Director
Victory Sports Global Outreach, Inc.
We installed our first of many Ball-Bins in West Seneca in June. Kids are able to take a sports ball from the bin and we’ll refill every week for the rest of the summer. Read more about how it works and how you can ‘Adopt a Ball Bin’ here…
Thank you for supporting Victory Sports. If you know anyone that would be interested in learning more about us, please forward them this Newsletter. You can also direct them to this form to subscribe to our mailing list.
If you’d like to get in touch with us, please use the social media channels below or firstname.lastname@example.org